Introducing The Whore's Apprentice

Introducing The Whore's Apprentice
Wellington Is Beautiful, Wellington Is My Home

Sunday 11 March 2007

Later That Sunday


Myself and my mate Max went to the harbour to see what was on, to our surprise the Dragon Boat racing was on this weekend.
This is a competition where all of the top of New Zealand's High School Rowing Teams compete against each other for the cup (not sure of the cups name or if it has one).
Though I am not sure who won the competition I did enjoy the atmosphere and the beer had at the local brewery on the waterfront.
We passed on our journey many of my favourite sights, all of the pictures are from around the area that I live in, being so close to town I guess I am spoilt with views of all of our beauties with exception to a few hidden talents around the cities borders.
Finally I also have a photo of my favourite restaurant, it is a place that I have eaten on previous occasions but reserve for only a few, this place has significance for it's wonderful food but more importantly the spectacular evenings spent with those people of great importance in my life, this includes of course my much loved mother and father.

The best part as you can see is that it is right next door to my place, how could this be? the perfect marriage of food to people so harmoniously.
So our little journey today took us past the railway station that has been in Wellington since the rails inception many years ago, the obscurely designed Parliament building that everyone associates with New Zealand 'The Beehive", not to mention the oldest ship in New Zealand which is suspiciously close to the local brewery (I wonder how it is possible all of today's sights where near pubs or bars?).
Check out our National Library, and surprise surprise there is no one their today, could there be a link with this and our lack of literacy amongst certain socio-climates in New Zealand?
Andrew James / A J


No comments: