Introducing The Whore's Apprentice

Introducing The Whore's Apprentice
Wellington Is Beautiful, Wellington Is My Home

Thursday 8 March 2007

Relay For Life




Recently I volunteered for being team captain for one of our relay for life teams, yes I will be running to raise funds for my favourite charity, this is begins my charity work for the year.

During the year I have a few events, though I do try to participate wherever possible in others, that I get the chance to raise money for what I consider great causes, though some people may not agree with me that some of them are that fantastic.

Odd that as a smoker I try to get involved so much with work for the cancer charities, but then it could be easily justified, last year in relay for life I failed to reach my goal only being able to have raised $135.00, mind you this was done in one week so can not be entirely written off as an effort to contribute.

This year I would like to be able to raise $500.00, one of my work mates, who I think is awesome will be working with me so that together we can create a decent contribution for the charity this year.


Oh and check out the cool T-shirt that we have to wear, though I am not sure of the aesthetics the cause is reason enough to wear it.

What I get involved with next I am not sure but I will be on the look out to get involved with the Wellington community which I love so much, I should be so fortunate to have another year here before going out and about to do something for myself.

Andrew James / A J

No comments: